Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 1

Longest flight of my life, but worth every minute of it. My minds filled to the brim with all the things I plan on getting done in these two weeks. One day at a time. We arrived around 6pm and left at 3pm, then had a two and a half hour train ride to Hikone. Although it's dark outside the smell of the rain and the lake tell so much about the surrounding area. I can't wait to wake up and see what everything looks like. I'm rooming with a good friend Chris Fry and our apartment is awesome. Although I need thorough directions as to how to turn the hot water on, all will come in time.
We have our orientation and first class tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. This is a once in a life time opportunity and I plan on making the best of it in every possible way. On saturday I get to go into Osaka and shoot a local band called calmera. I'm really excited and I've already planned on the len's I plan on using as well as specific things to look for. Overall I think this trip will be a tremendous learning experience and I plan on using every fiber of photo knowledge in my brain to create images that I will hold dear for many years to come.


View Larger Map

3 comments:

  1. "the smell of the rain and the lake tell so much about the surrounding area. I can't wait to wake up and see what everything looks like."

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete