Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 2



Cluttered. I woke up this morning to a set very large prehistoric looking crows practically screaming at my window. It was a confusing way to start my day, to say the least. Cluttered is a perfect way to describe my state of mind. I'm currently in a town where I know the majority of everyone has no idea what I'm saying, it's dumping rain outside which is making think of how I'm going to even take picture and it's difficult to organize my thoughts because there's so many new things to discover all around me. When I came across this pile of dilapidated metal wedged between two buildings, it reminded me of how cluttered and lost I felt at the time. With so much moving around me so fast it's hard to stay grounded and focused. It was a good reminder to take a deep breath and focus on one thing at a time. As the day rolled on, so did the rain, which as I was riding my bicycle suprisingly brought me peace. It may have not been the best day for photographs, but it was definitely a great day to collect my thoughts and welcome myself into the environment I've been placed in. By the end of the day, I felt much more organized and prepared for the trip to come.

1 comment:

  1. I adore that photograph. I think the stark white sky is my favorite part. It's raining here today. :)

    ReplyDelete