Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 3


So today was really badass. We woke up, the sun was shinning and we took the bullet train at 150mph to Kyoto. I gotta say, I've never smoked a cigarette on a train before, nor have I at such a high speed. Anyways, we got into Kyoto hopped on two more trains and finally got to where we needed to be. From there it was all roaming the city exploring, experiencing more culture shock and of course stopping every five feet to take a photo. I shot close to 400 images today, so it was a little tough to only pick one or two to include in this blog. These were two of my favorites. A little contrast between the beauty and the dilapidation. I'm really excited to hit up this city in the middle of the night, because the light in downtown is phenomenal. We ended the night at a great restaurant where I drank sake and some of the best beer I've had in a long time. This trip is going to fast, time to take a deep breath and live in the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment