Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 7




Today we went back to the outskirts of Kyoto for another festival. We went to the river for a special ceremony where the locals dressed in traditional clothing and went out on the river on these beautiful, incredibly detailed boats. Melissa and I walked on the edge of the river looking for a good spot to set down for the festival and managed to find two small rocks where we set down and shot the entire ceremony. It was wonderful because we got front row seats, not to mention we were surrounded by beautiful scenery. After the ceremony we went to the bamboo forest where I sat with my tripod and shot as much as I possibly could. It was so peaceful. Afterward we hopped on the jr and headed home early to edit and relax. Overall, today was a very relaxing day. It was exactly what I needed.

1 comment:

  1. Ben, You sound great! Love the photos! 1 week down, one to go, enjoy!

    Love You! Dad

    ReplyDelete