Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 6





























These days have been a true test of endurance. Early to rise late to bed. It's AWESOME! We started the day with rushing into a town just out of Kyoto for an amazing parade and while wandering through to find a good place to set down and shoot we got separated. The parade was beautiful, it was great to people watch, it's funny because just as much as I find myself taking pictures of strangers, strangers are taking pictures of me. I guess it's not everyday you see a half dreaded photo geek wandering the streets of japan, or maybe that's pretty common...Anyways, Melissa, Rocky, Gino and I found ourselves leaving and going into Osaka to go to a concert. Our photo assistant Toko was kind enough to find a show for me to go and shoot and it was incredible. Although I didn't understand a word they said, you didn't need to. We saw three bands play, all with different sounds and they were phenomenal. Very funky. Awesome bass lines, full brass sections, outstanding percussion...it goes on and on. I only hope I can make it to another concert before I leave. After the concert we wandered a bit more, then found our way back home. On the way back we stumbled across as very drunk, very talkative science teacher named Akira. He referred to himself as "handsome teacher." He was a wonderful way to end our night and we all got plenty of photos to remember him by. Let's just say, he almost made me want to take a science class again, almost.

1 comment:

  1. I love how music transcends the language barrier. Not very many things can do that. Music and smiles.

    ReplyDelete